Naturally young and healthy skin looks more beautiful than the skin that beautifies the makeup, and to maintain the beauty and youth of the skin for a longer time, steps must be taken to take care of the skin.
Some women may be confused about how to care for the skin. Due to a large number of care products available in the market, and for different skin types, the correct skincare steps require knowledge of the skin type. Through this, it is possible to build an appropriate and special care routine.
In this article, we will present the basic steps for skincare, and appropriate care methods for different skin types.
Steps for a Healthy Skincare Routine
You can take care of the skin by following these steps:
1. Make-up removal: Make-up must be removed before bed using a make-up remover, and not relying on a skin cleanser to remove it; Because it does not remove makeup completely, and removers can be used for the eyes and lips area because it is difficult to clean them of makeup, and makeup can be removed in a natural way, such as using a mixture of jojoba oil and rose water to maintain the nourishment and radiance of the skin.
2. Cleaning the face: The face should be washed twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed, using warm water to remove dirt, and massaging the face using a face wash in circular motions, washing it with warm water, preferably avoiding hot water, and drying the face with a patty using a clean towel.
3. Applying the toner: It is preferable to put the toner on the skin after cleansing and drying it using a piece of cotton, taking care to avoid the eye area, leaving it to dry alone and not washing it, and taking into account the use of alcohol-free toner for sensitive skin.
4. Use of moisturizer: It is recommended to massage the face and neck using moisturizer in circular motions, and eye cream can be used on the eye area if the eyes have puffiness, dark circles, or wrinkles, by gently placing the cream with a finger tap around the eyes.
5. Exfoliating the skin: The skin should be exfoliated once or twice a week with a scrub lotion, a glove for exfoliation, or a sponge, taking care not to rub too hard, because intense rubbing is harmful to the skin, and it should be taken into account not to exfoliate the skin if it has acne or excessive pigmentation;
6. Applying sunscreen: Daily exposure to the sun may cause premature aging of the skin, and pigmentation, and to protect the skin, a sunscreen with a sun protection factor equal to 30 or more should be applied 15 minutes before leaving the house, after applying moisturizer, and before applying makeup.
Steps for Oily Skincare
Oily skin needs the care to control the secretion of sebum in the skin, and the following points are some tips for skincare:
1. Choosing the right skin cleanser: Foaming cleansers are one of the best cleansers to remove oils gently, and you should take into account not to over-wash the skin, and just twice a day; Because excessive washing of oily skin, causes increased secretion of oil and pimples.
2. Choosing the right skincare products: Some products contain effective ingredients in fighting acne if the skin is prone to acne, such as Peroxybenzoyl carbide, Salicylic acid, Retinoids, and Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) such as glycolic acid or lactic acid.
3. Choosing a water-based moisturizer: The right moisturizer for oily skin is water-based or gel-based.
4. Not touching the face with the hands: As hands transfer bacteria to the skin, which leads to pimples, so you should avoid touching the face until after washing hands with soap and water.
5. Do not tamper with pimples: Tampering with them may make the condition worse, more painful, and cause scarring of the skin, so tampering with it should be avoided.
6. The use of mud masks: As mud masks reduce the sebum in the skin.
Also read: Why Your Face Looks Puffy In The Morning
Steps for Sensitive and Dehydrated Skincare
Sensitive and dehydrated skin needs to be calmed, and the ways to take care of it are the following:
1. Washing the skin: Dry and sensitive skin needs useful fats, so it should be enough to wash the face with warm water and dry it with a pat without using a cleanser and use it only when washing the skin at night.
2. Removing makeup with an oil-based cleanser: It is preferable to use an oil-based cleanser for dry and sensitive skin than other makeup removers; Because it contains alcohol and harsh ingredients on the skin that dry and irritates the skin.
3. Using the serum: It is recommended to apply the serum to the skin and leave it to be absorbed by the skin before applying the moisturizer to increase hydration.
4. Use of oil-based creams: Oil-based products are suitable for dry skin because they moisturize the skin, and mineral oils or Vaseline can be used for scaly and cracked skin, and jojoba oil to maintain moisture in the skin.
5. Choosing skin-soothing ingredients: Skin irritation and peeling are common symptoms in dry and sensitive skin, so using a moisturizer that contains aloe vera extract, chamomile or green tea can contribute to calming the skin.
6. Avoid ingredients that irritate the skin: Alcohol, astringents, eucalyptus oil, and perfumes are all ingredients that cause skin irritation and dryness.
For more articles about skincare solutions, visit this site.